Thursday, August 27, 2009

Football

Yesterday there was an opinion column in the sports section that (if you could get through the sarcasm) torched fans for being too forgiving when it comes to superstar football criminals. One of his points of contention was that a product like this should no longer be available.


I don't know, it's the dog's jersey. Has anyone asked him if he likes it?

So he basically goes on to say that as long as people are entertained and the business of football is still making money, everyone's willing to grant second chances. Personally, if I had to go to prison I'd probably ask everyone to keep their judgement to themselves, because as it turns out, a judge actually passed all the judgement needed.

I'm spread way too thin the way it is, so instead of getting wrapped around the axle with Vick, Favre, Plax or whoever, I'm going to try to just be the best fantasy coach I can be.


1 comment:

brando said...

Great. This is actually a sort of serious post, which is very out of place at the Ork Lair. Where's Emo Lambchop?

I don't agree with the premise, but that's fine too.

Judging people is fun, and healthy too, cause you can learn from them. And it's really, really easy to draw a hard like between you and Vick.

Like Joseph Fritzl. I'm going to haul of and say it. What he did was bad, and there's a pretty hard contrast between that dude and me.

At the end of the day it's fairly unlikely that you'll run a dog fighting ring at your house.

I think that running dog fighting rings isn't very nice...

...but that's just me. I'm weird like that.


Just remember, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the dog fight in Vick's house.

zing!